RAS has always evolved to suit the situations of homeowners. We now offer brokered solutions for you. RAS works with you, private insurers and EQC and has legal and technical expertise available to give you opportunities to get to a satisfactory resolution.

If after five years your insurance claim is not settled or you feel anxious about how your claim is progressing. Now is the time to seek support or help or advice.

Make a phone call now

RAS can help you in many ways:

  • Brokers with extensive experience working with homeowners, insurers and EQC
  • Technical experts on hand
  • Legal advice available
  • Access to decision-makers in insurance companies and EQC
  • Constructive conversations to achieve results


Is this the right service for you?

This service has been established to assist home-owners who have yet to finalise their insurance claim/s where they:

  • disagree with another party over their repair or rebuild, or
  • are frustrated or confused about the complex matters involved in getting their homes rebuilt or repaired.
  • Communication has broken down with your insurer or EQC.

If this is you, call RAS on (03) 379 7027 or 0800 777 299 to start the simple three-step process.


How does the service work?

Using RAS involves three steps:

  • Step 1

    Call the Residential Advisory Service on (03) 379 7027 or 0800 777 299. We’ll ask about your circumstances to find out how we can help and connect you to a broker.

  • Step 2

    A broker will contact you to discuss your circumstances and will find out more from you about where you are in the repair and rebuild process. Brokers can get specialist support for your situation. Eg technical or legal advice.

  • Step 3

    If you think it would be helpful brokers can call a round-table meeting with relevant parties to clarify your issues and help find a solution.

Find out more about how RAS works »


Case studies