The Residential Advisory Service – two years on
The Residential Advisory Service (RAS) was established on 15 May 2013 in response to a letter from Christchurch City Council to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery asking for a service to advise residents to be set up.
Two years on RAS:
- has received 10,084 contacts from home owners
- has, through the service’s Independent Advisors, held face-to-face meetings with 2,471 home owners
- has successfully progressed or resolved the claims of more than 1,900 homeowners
- has referred nearly 250 cases to the Technical Panel, established in August 2014, to seek a second opinion through desk top review of the relevant repair documents from homeowners and/or their insurer
- continues to achieve high levels of satisfaction from those who have used the service with:
– 81% saying they would recommend the service to others*
– 91% saying they felt listened to and understood*
– 78% being satisfied or very satisfied with the service*
(* taken from the RAS exit survey – 13 May 2015).